WIRED HEALTH 2016 announces first speakers
We’re excited to report that the first round of speakers for WIRED HEALTH 2016 have now been confirmed. The one-day summit on the future of health is returning for a third year and will take place on Friday 29 April. More than 20 speakers will comprise the Main Stage line-up of ground breaking individuals from across the medical spectrum. The initial list of confirmed speakers include:
- Geraldine Hamilton, President and chief scientific officer, Emulate, whose organs-on-chips could replace human and animal test subjects. It won the London Design Museum’s Design of the Year 2015.
- John Hardy, Chair, Department of Molecular Neuroscience, UCL Institute of Neurology. Pioneering the study of Alzheimer’s, Hardy’s work was awarded a £2 million Breakthrough prize – backed by Mark Zuckerberg.
- Jen Hyatt, Founder, Big White Wall, the online community which offers millions of mental health patients peer and professional support, self-management tips, and therapy.
- Lucy McRae, Science-fiction artist, film maker and body architect whose recent project, The Astronaut Aerobics Institute, is a fictional futuristic day spa prepping the human body for space travel.
- Jo Mountford, Head of Tissue and Cellular Therapeutics RDI, Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service, whose team is trialling lab-grown blood, and has received £5 million in funding from the Wellcome Trust.
- Geoffrey Raisman, Chair of Neural Regeneration and founding director of the Spinal Repair Unit, UCL Institute of Neurology. In 2014, Raisman’s work on spinal repair led to a paralysed patient regaining the ability to walk.
Designed to introduce, explain and predict trends in the medical and personal healthcare industries, WIRED HEALTH is a showcase for the extraordinary innovators using technology to re-imagine the health sector. From diagnostics and neuroscience, to data-driven healthcare and new material sciences helping to re-build the human body, WIRED HEALTH is a haven for disruptive thinking and innovation.
Aimed at a high-level executive audience, attendees will enjoy the opportunity to network with like-minded, intellectually curious individuals from the sector, including physicians, senior healthcare executives, innovators and investors, disrupters and incumbents. From helping humans to live longer and hacking our performance, to repairing the body and understanding the brain, WIRED Health will explore the evolution of this critical sector.
More names and information will be announced in the coming weeks, so watch this space for more updates!